Caramel popcorn. Grab a Great Gift For Any Occasion Or Any Holiday! There Is A Popcorn Flavor For Everyone. Real Butter, Creamy Caramel, and Crunchy Nuts – Moose Munch Popcorn Delights All.
The recipe that turned out the way I like (more caramel-like) is the one called "My Amish Friend's Caramel Corn" also on this website. The popcorn most often used to make caramel corn is called mushroom popcorn. Mushroom popcorn is supposed to pop up bigger and rounder. You can have Caramel popcorn using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel popcorn
- It’s 1 cup of unpopped corn kernels.
- You need 2 spoon of oil.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 spoon of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of backing soda.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of vanilla essence.
I bought some mushroom popcorn on line and will be trying this recipe on it. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanuts, almonds, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, peanut butter and molasses. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam).
Caramel popcorn step by step
- Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan on medium high heat.Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil. Wait for the popcorn kernels to pop.When the kernels pop, add the rest of the corn & salt in an even layer.Cover the pot, remove from heat and count 30 seconds. Popcorn is ready.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed. Stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil on medium heat. When it reaches a boil allow it to cook for 5 minutes without stirring on medium heat. Add the 2 tsp. of vanilla at the 4 minute mark and mix..
- Kids all time favourite & easy to make caremal popcorn is ready.
I have noticed that a lot of caramel popcorn recipes out there just don't have the right caramel to popcorn ratio. They're either too sticky, or too hard. With a little trial and error, I believe I've created the Best Caramel Popcorn you can find! The caramel is made on the stove, without the need of a candy thermometer. Homemade Caramel Popcorn that is buttery, rich, salty, sweet, crispy and better than any store-bought caramel corn at a fraction of the price!