Cardamom Roasted Carrots. Roasting these carrots with only a bit of butter and some cardamom gives them a rich, nutty flavor that belies how healthy they are. I have to give credit for the roasted carrots, spiced with cardamom and star anise, to my husband, Neil Borthwick. However, carrots are best known to improve vision because it contains beta-carotine, which To take advantage of these health benefits, carrots can also be roasted and cooked with cardamom butter.
Add carrots and toss well to coat. Combine butter, oil, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl. Cardamom Carrots Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can have Cardamom Roasted Carrots using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cardamom Roasted Carrots
- You need 8 of carrots; peeled.
- Prepare 2 of shallots; sliced in thin rings.
- It’s 1/4 C of raisins.
- It’s 3/4 C of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 of orange; zested.
- Prepare 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 C of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 C of pine nuts.
- It’s 3/4 t of ground cardamom.
- You need 1 of drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small pinch kosher salt.
Place the carrots and parsnips in a roasting tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper. Cardamom has a wonderful aroma and an enticing warm, spicy-sweet flavour that enhances savoury and sweet dishes – from Swedish cinnamon buns to Indian biryanis. Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots are the best side dish! Delicious roasted carrots tossed with the Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots tossed with the most flavorful garlicky and buttery parmesan.
Cardamom Roasted Carrots step by step
- Pour orange juice in the bottom of a small roasting pan, casserole dish, or small oven safe pan. Add raisins and shallot rings. Place carrots atop bed of shallot rings. Drizzle olive oil over carrots. Season with orange zest, cardamom, and a pinch of kosher salt. Top with pine nuts..
- Bake uncovered at 350° for approximately 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and nicely caramelized..
- Glaze with honey during last 5 minutes of cooking..
- Variations; Sea salt, ginger, currants, golden raisins, parsley, grapefruit juice, lime, lemon, walnuts, pecans, mint, turmeric, figs, ghee, sumac.
This roasted carrots recipe is a simple, delicious side dish. The carrots are sweet and tender with Roasting is my favortie way to cook carrots. They don't take very long to cook, especially if you cut. Roast: Place carrots on a pan and roast (per recipe below) until browned and tender. Serve, garnished with parsley (if desired).