Cardamom spiced rice#myuniquericerecipecontest. Local to Kerala, these chewy, lightly granular sweet rice balls are made by binding green mung bean flour and rice flour with. A wonderfully fragrant and spiced Indian chicken dish, with saffron and cardamom studded rice. This has become a popular and much loved family recipe; an Indian friend who was studying Art with me.
Cardamom is a spice made from the seed pods of various plants in the ginger family. In Indian recipes, whole cardamom pods are used in preparing basmati rice and various curries. Cardamom (/ˈkɑːrdəməm/), sometimes cardamon or cardamum, is a spice made from the seeds of several plants in the genera Elettaria and Amomum in the family Zingiberaceae. You can cook Cardamom spiced rice#myuniquericerecipecontest using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cardamom spiced rice#myuniquericerecipecontest
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need of Cardamom seeds.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pilau masala(a pinch).
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Banana(optional).
Rice is a great side dish and easy to cook, but on its own it tends to be somewhat plain. One of the benefits of that plainness is that it can serve as an excellent blank canvas for other stronger flavors. Cardamom Rice Pilaf – Quick and easy recipe for rice pilaf with basmati rice and cardamom. I sautéed some onions, boiled the basmati rice, spiced it up, and voila – le dîner est servi!
Cardamom spiced rice#myuniquericerecipecontest step by step
- Wash your rice and place aside.
- Pound your cardamons seeds lightly so that they open up n put in your sufuria with water. Add a pinch of pilau masala and salt then put on a source of heat to boil.
- Add oil to the boiling water n place in your rice.
- When the water has reduced slightly, reduce your heat to very low n cover the rice. Let it cook on the low heat till all the water dries up. Do not stir at this point.
- When cooked, the cardamom seeds come on top. Its work is done and u can pick them out n throw away as the flavor is already infused in the rice.
- Serve with desired stew. I ate with stewed green grams. I always eat rice with banana. Its optional 😉.
The spice is native to India, Bhutan, Nepal, and Indonesia. Cardamom pods are small (that's how Called the Queen of Spices, cardamom is the world's third most expensive spice – surpassed only. This aromatic rice recipe features cardamom seeds and cinnamon sticks. Get all the ingredients & instructions you need to make this recipe at The Spice House. Sprinkled with cardamom, roasted until crisp, and topped with an apple-flavored sauce, chicken legs become extraordinary.