Cardamom cookies. Cardamom shortbread cookies should be kept in an airtight container either at room temperature, in the refrigerator, or in the freezer. Cardamom cookies are one part exotic flavors and one part comfort food. Infused with lemon and Cardamom Cookies with Lemon and Pistachios.
We've started baking our holiday cookies. Field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin sent her recipe for these melt-in-your-mouth morsels. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured cookie sheet. You can have Cardamom cookies using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cardamom cookies
- You need 1 1/3 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar/icing sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder or as per taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare As required of Butter should be at room temperature.
Cardamom adds just a subtle intriguing note to classic shortbread. To give the cookie a more exotic flavor, see the Pistachio-Cardamom. Cardamom and browned butter give these melt-in-your mouth cookies irresistible flavor! Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm and again when completely cooled.
Cardamom cookies instructions
- Mix butter and sugar such that it becomes fluffy and soft..
- Sieve the wheat flour over it..
- Add salt..
- Add cardamom powder..
- Mix all the ingredients and make a dough..
- Keep the dough in refrigerator for at least 1 hour..
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator, roll it thick and cut it with a cookie cutter..
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius for 15-20 min..
- Then bake the biscuits for 8-12 min..
- Biscuits are ready to serve..
UPDATED RECIPE- Cardamom Shortbread Cookies are buttery, crisp and mildly These cardamom cookies have just the right amount of sweetness and they are super crisp yet melts into your mouth!! The bakers in Evelyn Mount's family have a long tradition of spicing sweet rolls and cookies with the delicate flavor of cardamom. Fried cookies are a delicious alternative to the baked variety. Although 'fried' makes the cookies sound unhealthy, if they are Add the egg yolks, egg white, milk water and cardamom to a large mixing bowl. My oatmeal cookie is spiked with a hint of cardamom, chunks of dark chocolate, and golden raisins.