Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and. Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San.
Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. Cold Rice Noodle Salad with Spicy Lime VinaigretteMcCormick. An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- It’s 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
This rice salad with cashews has a spicy. This cold wild rice salad is tossed in an orange vinaigrette, with crisp celery and apples, crunchy pecans, and sweet cranberries. It's loaded with filling fiber, crunchy pecans, and sweet apples and dried cranberries for lots of flavor and texture in each bite! Spicy Cashew Thai Chickpea Broccoli Salad.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Beet Salad with Spinach, Cashews, Cranberries, and Goat Cheese with honey, lemon and olive oil dressing. Apple Almond Feta Spinach Salad – Crunchy, sweet and easy to make, this healthy spinach salad is full of great fresh flavors. Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad.