Thai Carrot Soup. This creamy, Thai-spiced carrot and sweet potato soup will warm you up on cold days. Is it too soon for soup? When I had a full-blown cold last week, soup sounded like just the ticket.
If you like my Thai Curry Vegetable Soup, you're going to love this one as well. Spicy, fragrant and comforting vegan thai sweet potato and carrot soup. The flavors are bold, the texture is creamy, the recipe healthy and it becomes a complete. You can cook Thai Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Carrot Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 lb of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of Good pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of creamy natural peanut butter.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce.
- It’s leaves of Fresh basil.
This delicious Thai Sweet Potato Soup recipe features sweet potatoes, carrots, yellow onion, garlic The creamy texture of this sweet potato and carrot soup with coconut milk spiked with bits of spice. This velvety, spicy soup is perfect for spring! This post is part of my ongoing partnership with Pacific Foods. Thanks for support the brands that make DK possible.
Thai Carrot Soup step by step
- Heat a large pan over medium heat..
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes..
- Season with a good pinch each of salt and pepper, then add vegetable stock and water and stir..
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender..
- Let cool slightly, then using an immersion blender, blend in the pan until smooth and creamy..
- Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce to the pan and blend to combine..
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For a touch of added sweetness, add a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat..
- Serve immediately with fresh basil. A drizzle of coconut milk will add a creamy, sweet touch. Serve with sriracha for extra heat..
A flavorful Thai inspired carrot soup that mimics then one found in Whole Food's deli! The first time I tasted the Thai Carrot Soup from Whole Foods Market.it was love at first spoonful. Our Thai carrot and lemongrass soup is an easy vegetarian option with plenty of zing from the lemongrass and ginger, plus the coconut milk makes the soup really creamy. This Creamy Thai Carrot Ginger Soup is a marvel. Made with simple ingredients, this soup can be prepared in a pinch and it comes out tasting as decadent as a soup can possibly taste.