Carrot porial. Carrot poriyal recipe With step by step pics – simple and easy to prepare carrot poriyal made with carrots, spices and coconut. Poriyal are veggies based dry dishes from the Tamil Nadu cuisine. In this recipe, initially the carrots are cooked with a few spices.
I make vegetable stir fry often for the kids' school box to go with lemon rice, coconut rice or with pudina rice as my kids' do not prefer gravy dishes for the lunch box. Vegetable stir fry dishes also go well as a side with rasam or sambar & rice. Poriyal is a simple stir fry dish from Tamilnadu cuisine which can be. You can have Carrot porial using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot porial
- It’s 3 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 3 of Green chilies.
- You need 1 tbsp of Moong dal.
- You need 1 of spring Curry leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
Tamilnadu Style Carrot Poriyal recipe with coconut. South Indian Tamilnadu Style Carrot Poriyal stir-fry makes a perfect side dish for lunch. Its a very simple recipe that's very delicious and its super packed with nutrition. Carrots are steamed and a tempering added to it for the finish.
Carrot porial step by step
- Wash the carrot, remove the skin..
- Grate the carrots and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add some curry leaves and green chilies.. then add the chopped onion and salt..
- Once the onions are transparent, add in the grated carrots and give a good mix…
- Further add in the moong dal.
- Cover and cook until the carrots and moong dal are cooked soft. (Stir occasionally so that the carrots won't stick to the bottom).
- Carrot Porial is ready to serve.
Fire Lord Ozai Final Battle" 🔥 The chopped carrot is stir-fried with spices and coarsely ground paste of chillies, cumin seeds and freshly grated coconut. First, the orange color brightens up the whole platter. This is usually made when making a feast for guest or during sadhya to add a color to the whole meal. Second, carrot is easily available throughout the year in all parts of India and abroad.