Carrot appe. Whenever this dish makes an appearance at a family gathering or church potluck, folks always comment on the interesting combination of carrots and apple. Then they ask for the recipe!—Martina Knowles, Grand Forks, North Dakota. Tips for Making Carrot Apple Bread.
Whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a second bowl. Fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture, mixing just until combined and flour disappears. Stir together apple, carrot, and walnuts in a separate bowl; gently fold into the batter. You can have Carrot appe using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot appe
- Prepare 2 of carrots medium size(washed,peeled and grated).
- It’s 1 cup of rava.
- It’s 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 3-4 of green chillies.
- You need 2 springs of curry leaves.
- It’s As needed of coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need As needed of Ghee.
- You need As needed of Buttermilk/water.
- You need to taste of Pink salt.
Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. This carrot salad with raisins and apple is so easy to make, healthy and delicious! Made in minutes using a food processor, this salad is a sure crowd pleaser! This carrot apple raisin salad is going to become your favorite!
Carrot appe step by step
- In a mixing bowl,add rava and curd and whisk well,keep aside for 10 mins..
- Add grated carrot, curry leaves, coriander leaves,salt,1green chilli and add water or buttermilk,mix and bring it to pouring consistency, medium thick….
- Heat a appe patra/mould and grease & add drops of ghee in each groove with ghee/oil, add some mustard seeds and some green chillies chopped in each groove,and let the mustard splutter…as shown in the image..
- Fill each groove wdh the batter and drizzle some ghee/oil on the upper layer of each..and cover wdh a steam releasing lid and let it cook..
- Let it cook for 2-3minutes in low flame…
- Flip the other side and let it cook without lid,for more 1-2minute..
- Carrot appes are ready to serve… accompanied by coconut chutney or tomato sauce.,or have as it is…the tadka carrot appes tastes best as it is….
It is extremely simple and tastes so good! Bright orange shredded carrots are mixed with the shredded juicy apple, sweet raisins and creamy mayo! Fresh carrot and apple juice with a hint of ginger is a refreshing and colorful way to start the day. Fresh carrot and apple juice with a hint of ginger is a refreshing and colorful way to start the day. Fresh carrot and apple juice with a hint of ginger is a refreshing and colorful way to start the day.