Carrot paratha. Carrot paratha recipe with step by step photos. Hot or warm carrot paratha with a dollop of butter or ghee would be a perfect breakfast or brunch in this cold weather. This Carrot Paratha perfectly matches that description.
Carrot Paratha – one of the healthy delicious paratha recipe for breakfast & dinners! Carrot paneer paratha, a popular Indian flat bread stuffed with paneer. I have added carrot also to make it healthier. You can have Carrot paratha using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot paratha
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 of large size carrot grated.
- It’s Some of Fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic crushed into paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Roasted cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala or as needed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds for tempering.
- It’s 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare Some of Oil for frying.
Normally i make rotis for dinner. But when I attempted to make paratha first time. Orange Carrot Stuffed Paratha (Gajar Paratha) is one of the best options to feed veggies to the kids. Parathas are the most common breakfast in north Indian households. carrot paratha or carrot parota recipe explained with step by step pictures.
Carrot paratha step by step
- Wash and peel the skin. Grated the carrot. Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds. Let it crackle for few minutes. Add grated carrot. Saute it for few minutes. Add all the masala and salt. Fry till the carrot becomes tenderand there should be no water on it. Once it is done. Transfer to a plate. Cool it.
- Take 1 cup wheat flour on a thali. Add salt and ajwain. Mix it well. No need of adding water. While kneading a dough carrot leaves lots of moisture. Begin to gather the mixture and start kneading to a smooth dough.Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil on the dough. Knead till you get a soft and smooth dough. In case the dough is sticky then add a little flour and knead again. Once it is done. Cover the dough with lid for 5 minutes.
- Rolling the gajar paratha. Make a small to medium size ball from the dough. Dust some flour in the rolling pin. Begin to roll with a rolling pin. Roll into medium size rotis or round in shape..
- Place the carrot paratha on the hot tava or griddle. When one side partly cooked then flip it. Spread some oil on the partly cooked side. Flip the paratha with spatula and apply oil on other sides. Press the edges of the parathas so that they cooked evenly. Once it is done. Transfer to a beautiful plate. Ready to serve with green chutney, kasundi or tomato sauce.
In this carrot parota no masala powders are used instead fresh spices are used. Quick Carrot Paratha is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Bread. Add finely grated carrot in the pan and fry till it becomes soft. Grate zucchini and carrot in a fine grater. Carrot Paratha is a an easy, quick and healthy Indian food recipe that is prepared with carrot and whole wheat flour.