Cashew Soup. But this creamy cauliflower soup happens to be vegan and has a secret to make it rich and smooth: Cashews! Cook, stirring often, until cauliflower and cashews are golden brown and buckwheat is browned and Serve soup topped with toasted cauliflower-buckwheat mixture. Red Lentil Cashew Soup with Curry Toasted Cashews.
It's rich and creamy but dairy-free, oil-free and made with healthy, whole-food ingredients. Fresh ingredients and silky cashew cream make this soup better than any cream of broccoli soup. I've been wanting to make this creamy broccoli soup since last winter. You can have Cashew Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cashew Soup
- It’s 2 large of carrots, peeled, cut in 1-2 inch sections.
- It’s 3 large of ribs celery, 1/2 inch slice.
- Prepare 1/2 large of onion, rough chop.
- Prepare 1 medium of russet potato, peeled, 2 inch cubes.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 of inch section peeled ginger root, finely grated.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of several shakes of red pepper flakes.
- You need 4 cup of chicken stock/broth, regular salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cashews, roasted, salted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half.
I discovered a similar soup at. This cashew tomato soup has hippie roots — it is based on a recipe found in The Tassajara Recipe Book, but its rich and spicy creaminess makes it a favorite for modern palates as well. This pumpkin cashew soup recipe is full of healthy fats, vitamin A and vitamin C! It's easy to make, fast, delicious and a favorite!
Cashew Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil with the red pepper flakes. Add the carrots, celery, and onions. Saute/cook for 4-5 minutes stirring often. the onion will be clear..
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes more..
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 40 minutes..
- Meanwhile grind the cashews with the flour in a clean coffee grinder until very fine..
- When the vegetables/soup is tender, remove from heat to cool until safe to handle..
- Puree with a blender or immersion blender until quite smooth..
- Return pureed soup to stove, adding the nuts and half and half. Gently heat to serve. Do not boil..
- A sesame, rice type cracker is a nice compliment to this soup. Makes 8 (3/4 cup) servings…..the perfect starter portion. You can serve this soup cold, if you wish. It can be made a day ahead..
The Best Cashew Nut Soup Recipes on Yummly Spicy Parsnip & Cashew Nut Soup, Creamy Lettuce Soup With Cashew Nut, Shahi Bhindi Recipe In Cashew Nut Gravy (okras In Cashew Nut Curry). Sweet carrots, buttery cashews and spicy ginger blend to deliver an exotic soup that gets its creamy texture from rich coconut milk. Delicious warmed, it's also a great soup served cold. This soup combines many flavors ranging from hot, spicy, and bold from the curry and turmeric, sweet and nutty flavor of the cashews, with a hint of brightness from the citrus.