Cashew Chicken Fried Rice. But Cashew Chicken is definitely, for me, a lifelong comfort food. I used to go to China Garden in my hometown, whether with my group of friends or my boyfriend (at the time) Kevin…and this is what I always ordered. After a few days struggling with getting everything moved over to WordPress, I'm on my way to a nifty new self-hosted blog.
Let's live in the here and now. And let's talk about wok cookin'. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. You can cook Cashew Chicken Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cashew Chicken Fried Rice
- It’s 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic (or more if you like).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of each of any 3 vegetables of your choice (I used Chinese cabbage, broccoli, red bell pepper).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
- It’s 2 cup of cooled cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of roasted cashews.
Stir in cashews until coated in sauce. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. A saucy chicken stir fry with cashews, this is a terrific combination of flavours. You'll love how saucy this is, and how you can adapt this to your taste by using vegetables of choice.
Cashew Chicken Fried Rice instructions
- Heat oil on medium-high, sauté onions for 1 minute; add chicken, sauté until lightly browned..
- Add all remaining vegetables and and cook until crisp..
- Add rice, making sure any large clumps are broken up. Fry for 2 minutes..
- Add soy sauce, mix through all ingredients well. Add cashews, and fry another minute..
Try this with Hot and Sour Soup or Chinese Corn Soup with a side of Fried Rice for a homemade takeout experience! Cashew Chicken This dish of tender stir-fried chicken and roasted cashews in garlic sauce tastes just like take-out, only better. You don't need a wok — just a large nonstick skillet — and, aside from the chicken, the only chopping involves some garlic and scallions. Plowing through Life in the Country. Pour sauce over fried chicken and top with cashews and green onion.