Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips. Great recipe for Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips. I did a very simple preparation on this dish. I really wanted the flavor of the elk to shine.
See great recipes for Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips too! See great recipes for Steak stir fry with mashed Cauliflower too!. Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips.. You can have Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips
- Prepare of For the elk.
- It’s 4 lb of elk roast.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of LG sweet onion.
- You need 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 12 of large basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s of Around 10 cups beef stock.
- It’s 1 bottle of good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper.
- Prepare of Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika.
- Prepare of For the mash.
- You need 3 of LG parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 of small head cauliflower, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need to taste of Sea salt and black pepper.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 loaf of sourdough french baguette.
- You need of Creme fraiche.
- Prepare of Grated gruyere cheese.
Brad's garlic parmesan mashed cauliflower. lg head cauliflower, minced garlic, grated parmesan, granulated chicken bouillon, sea salt. Here is how you achieve that. Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips. Our beef and cauliflower recipe is fantastic, low carb, healthy and super easy.
Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips step by step
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven..
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl..
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown..
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil..
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil..
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely..
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky..
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Based off the popular beef and broccoli, replacing the broccoli with cauliflower is a delicious alternative to cooking. Serve Cauliflower Mash with everything from your favourite Steak to Roast Chicken, Schnitzel to Sausages with Gravy. It's so tasty, you'll want to eat it straight out of the pot! Mashed Cauliflower made well is seriously tasty in its own right, not just the low carb cousin of rich, buttery mashed potato. Add the cauliflower rice and stir to combine.