Cauliflower Bechamel. Instructions Add the cauliflower to a large pot and add water to cover. Drain the excess water and puree the cauliflower using an immersion blender or in a blender with a tight-fitting lid, covered with a towel, in batches if necessary. The first step to make cauliflower with béchamel sauce is to remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and separate the cauliflower into medium-sized florets.
Add the florets to a saucepan along with the stock, Parmesan rind, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until the cauliflower is extremely soft. The important thing is that it's a very healthy portion, without extra fat, so you can better enjoy the match between the grated cauliflower in bechamel and the protein that you choose. You can have Cauliflower Bechamel using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Bechamel
- It’s 2 cups of bechamel sauce (see recipe on my page).
- Prepare 1 of large head cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Likewise, you can serve it as an accompaniment or a starter with baked potatoes. Remove the cauliflower and add to a blender with the stock and milk (you may need to do this in batches). Creamy Cauliflower Béchamel Sauce is a classic creamy white sauce made with cauliflower and cream cheese instead of flour, making it a great gluten free option. Creamy Cauliflower Béchamel Sauce I have been using this sauce instead of Béchamel for years, well, ever since having kids and wanting to hide veggies everywhere.
Cauliflower Bechamel step by step
- Steam cauliflower: Fill a medium stock pot with 1 inch of water. Place steamer basket in pot. Place cauliflower florets in basket. Sprinkle with salt. Bring water to a boil. Cover and steam until just fork tender. About 10 minutes..
- Leave cauliflower in steamer basket and carefully remove basket from pot. Set aside. Pour water out of pot. Return pot to stove. Reduce heat to medium low..
- Add bechamel sauce to pot. Cook over medium low heat until just heated through, stirring frequently. Add cauliflower to warmed sauce. Gently stir to coat..
- Serve as-is or garnish with parmesan and/or chopped fresh parsley..
Cauliflower With Bechamel Sauce Recipe – Cavolfiore Colla Balsamella. Food, wine, and travel writer Kyle Phillips lived in Tuscany and developed his passion and expertise for food and cooking through travel. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce.