Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie. Sophie Dahl's brilliant fish pie with celeriac mash. Jamie Oliver says 'Sophie has a great style of cooking and recipes that you really want to eat'. A brilliant salmon and cod fish pie recipe with a flavoursome mash topping made with celeriac, or celery root.
While their appearances are wildly different, celery and celery root are very closely related botanically. Pat dry with kitchen paper and stir through the melted butter and Season with black pepper and spoon evenly over the fish. Add all the fish to the bowl too, followed by the sauce you made earlier, and gently stir it all together. You can cook Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie
- It’s 1 head of Celery.
- You need 1 1/2 of Celeriac.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 125 grams of Creme Fraiche.
- Prepare 1 pints of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Cod fillets.
- It’s 2 of Smoked haddock fillets.
- It’s 60 grams of Green beans – chopped.
- Prepare 20 grams of Parsley.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
When the celeriac and parsnips are done, drain and mash with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Now spread out over the fish mixture, using a fork. Peel celeriac into ribbons to make this fabulous celeriac 'pasta' served with chard, pecorino, garlic and thyme. Combine streaky bacon, cavolo nero and celeriac with cream for luxurious comfort food.
Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and celery.
- Cook onion and celery in a shallow pan, over a moderate heat, until softened. Add garlic and continue to cook on gentle heat.
- Chop avocado and add to the pan.
- Add stock and creme fraiche. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finely slice approximately 2/3 of the celeriac and put to the side. Finely chop the remainder and add to the pan. Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the zest and half the juice from lemon..
- Remove from the heat. Using a liquidiser or hand blender, blend until smooth and put to one side. (At this stage, it makes a great soup!).
- Chop the fillets into smallish cubes (roughly 3-4cm).
- Pour 1/2 the 'soup' into an oven proof dish. Add the green beans and fish then pour over the remaining sauce..
- Arrange sliced celeriac over the top and pour the remaining juice from the lemon over the celeriac..
- Great the cheese over the top and Add a few twists of black pepper. Place on middle shelf of oven. Cook for approximately 40 minutes..
- Garnish with celery leaf and a few sprigs of parsley.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Celeriac is a close relative of common leaf celery, grown for its edible underground root. Celery root (a.k.a. celeriac) is a knobby, bulbous root vegetable that will not win any awards for beauty. Perhaps that's why, year after year, celery root languishes on supermarket shelves, another worthy but under-appreciated vegetable. It's a shame, because there are so many flavorful celeriac recipes.