Apple, celery, and grape salad. Apple, Grape, and Celery Salad Apple, Grape, and Celery Salad. For salad, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Toss again with celery, grapes and cashew-naise.
Stir in water until smooth; bring to a boil. All tossed in a creamy dressing. This crispy, crunchy Waldorf Salad is a classic recipe and one of my family's favorites. You can have Apple, celery, and grape salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple, celery, and grape salad
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of grapes, halved.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, thinly sliced on the bias (diagonally).
- You need 1 of granny smith apple, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
This is a variation of the classic salad with apples, grapes, celery and nuts. If you aren't a walnut fan, pecans make an excellent substitute. Creamy salad dressing can be substituted for mayonnaise. Toss shredded chicken, apple chunks, walnuts, red onion, celery, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
Apple, celery, and grape salad step by step
- Toast nuts in saute pan over medium heat..
- Toss all ingredients. *** Don't skimp on the pepper. It makes the dish. ***.
- Serve immediately..
Whisk vanilla yogurt, salad dressing, and mayonnaise together in a separate bowl; pour over the chicken mixture and stir to coat. Gently fold the grapes into the salad. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. If you use rotisserie chicken, keep in mind that it's salty and omit the salt in the dressing.