Pear and Celery Salad. For the salad: In a large bowl, combine the sliced celery and pears with half of the chopped almonds and blue cheese. Crisp pears are tossed with Cheddar cheese and pecans in this delicious salad. For an Italian twist, try a good Parmesan with some toasted pine nuts or to go British use crumbled Stilton and toasted walnuts.
Add celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine. To make the pear salad, peel and quarter the pears. Toss in a bowl with salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and oil. You can have Pear and Celery Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pear and Celery Salad
- Prepare 4 of Celery Stalks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vinegar-preferably a friut vinegar like apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Ripe Pears-preferably bartlett pears.
- It’s 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pecans.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Butterhead Lettuce.
Fan the pears in a circle around the lettuce. Place a small mound of the celery root salad in the center of each plate. I've been noticing celery salads popping up on menus around Portland while dining out and was intrigued by the idea, so when I found a bag of chopped I got to work constructing this crunchy celery salad, adding fennel, golden raisins, the most delicious pear vinaigrette, sliced fresh pears and some. From Eating Well magazine, one of my favorite salads.
Pear and Celery Salad instructions
- Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Cut into half inch pieces.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Add pears until coated. Add celery, cheese, and pecans. Mix throughly..
- Place washed lettuce in bowls and cover with the pear and celery mixture..
The flavors blend so well and compliment and the textures are marvelous. If you have the white cheddar with a red pear, the colors are nice. This refreshing salad is a perfect partnership of flavours with sweet and juicy pears and sharp and tangy blue cheese. Choose a red-skinned variety Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.