You can cook Drunken Turkey using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Drunken Turkey
- It’s 2 of apples halved and cored.
- Prepare 4 clove of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of nature's season.
- It’s 1 bottle of pink champagne Moscato (or brute).
- Prepare 1 of 15-20lb turkey.
- It’s 2 cubes of butter cut into pads.
Drunken Turkey instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 degrees C)..
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Gently loosen turkey breast skin, and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast. Place apples inside the turkey's cavity. Sprinkle with garlic powder, nature's seasons. Place turkey in a roasting bag, and pour champagne over the inside and outside of the bird. Close bag, and place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Bake turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature is 180°F (85 degrees C) when measured in the meatiest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from bag, and let stand for at least 20 minutes before carving..