Bacon jam. Bacon jam is a bacon-based relish, similar to the Austrian starter Verhackert. It is made through a process of slow cooking the bacon, along with onions, vinegar, brown sugar and spices. Making jam doesn't always involve cooking down seasonal fruit.
I know that's a HUGE statement, but I've It was so different than any other bacon jam I have tried. The onions were sliced thick, and there were. Crispy bacon with sauteed onions, brown sugar, sherry vinegar, seasonings, is finished off with aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil. You can cook Bacon jam using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon jam
- Prepare 2 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 3 each of onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of siracha.
- You need 3 tbsp of champagne vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of coffee.
- You need 3 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of real maple syrup.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
If bacon makes everything taste better, then bacon jam makes it taste AMAZING! Whether you serve it on burgers or with a cheese plate, this jam will take your party to the next level. Bacon jam is a bacon lover's dream come true! Bacon lovers will go crazy for this ultra delicious Bacon Jam.
Bacon jam instructions
- chop bacon coursely, render lightly in saute pan(cook until slighty crisp) then remove from pan and set aside..
- add to pan chopped onion and sweat add garlic and bacon once onion is clear..
- now add the brown sugar, siracha, and vinegars cook until the liquid is mostly gone then add coffee and cook until its slightly dry again..
- now remove from heat add syrup and paprika, let cool then run through food processor until it resembles jam..
Use it on everything from toast and pancakes to soups and sandwiches. This amazing Bacon Jam Recipe is the ultimate bacon lovers taste treat. This slow cooked and simmered bacon onion jam is pure heaven. The delectable possibilities with this jam are endless. Bacon jam is made with simple ingredients of bacon, onion, garlic, and other ingredients and then slow cooked for hours.