Rainbow swiss chard & fennel sidedish. Sauteed rainbow Swiss chard is an easy and healthy side dish that's delicious! Swiss chard is delicious and healthy. This recipe is for those who love to eat their greens!
In the spectrum of greens, Swiss chard lies between spinach and kale—not as tender as spinach, not as. Rainbow Swiss chard is distinguished by its bouquet of wrinkled, slightly savoyed rich green and Rainbow Swiss chard is not unique from other chards in its subtle earthy flavors along with slight. Swiss rainbow chard isolated on white. You can cook Rainbow swiss chard & fennel sidedish using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow swiss chard & fennel sidedish
- It’s 1 of large fennel bulb.
- You need 2 of large bunch rainbow swiss chard.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dry savory.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Swiss chard growing in raised bed with irrigation system under snow covered near Dallas, Texas, America. Green leafy vegetable cultivated in allotment patch. Swiss chard—or simply "chard"—is a member of the beet family that does well in both cool and warm Swiss chard is best known for its bright and colorful stems, which come in a rainbow of. It was fun to watch the Rainbow Swiss Chard grow – this recipe had such great ratings, I was excited to try it with our home-grown Chard.
Rainbow swiss chard & fennel sidedish instructions
- Cut the fennel bulb in two lengthwise and then slice it the other side about 1/4" thick..
- Do same with onion..
- Cut the swiss chard into 1" pieces, stems and leafs..
- In a deep and large skillet, eat up the olive oil and medium/high..
- Toss in the fennel and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add in the onion and cook for a noter minute, stirring constantly..
- Lower heat to medium/low and add in the swiss chard little by little, stirring constantly..
- Cook till all gets tender. Add the savory and black pepper, mix well and serve with your favorite grilled fish or meat..
Maybe I added too much Rainbow Swiss Chard. I love all leafy greens and Swiss chard is no exception. The colors of this rainbow chard were so striking, I just could not pass it up in the farmer's market. How to tell when it is time to harvest Rainbow or Swiss Chard! We show you what the greens look like when it is time to harvest!