Mackerel and Swiss Chard Stir-fry with Balsamic Vinegar. Italians have long paired balsamic vinegar and chicken. But given the poor quality of most supermarket vinegar, we wondered if this was Chicken and balsamic vinegar have long been paired in the Italian kitchen; we wanted to find the best way of combining the two in an easy-to-make. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
It is one of our favorite ways to add a side To prep swiss chard, you simply need to rinse the leaves, shake off the extra water, and chop them. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar; stir into vegetable mixture. Trusted Results with Swiss steak with balsamic vinegar. You can cook Mackerel and Swiss Chard Stir-fry with Balsamic Vinegar using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mackerel and Swiss Chard Stir-fry with Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare 4 of fillets mackerel.
- Prepare 50 g of leafy greens, I use mustard greens and Swiss chard.
- You need 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powdered parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
Cooks.com – Recipes – Balsamic Dressing. Food Network invites you to try this Sirloin Burgers with Balsamic Mayo, Mushrooms and Swiss recipe from Rachael Ray. Swiss Chard is naturally low in calories and carbohydrates but high in Vitamin K, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Swiss Chard is somewhat of a misnomer because it implies that it is a variety of chard from Switzerland.
Mackerel and Swiss Chard Stir-fry with Balsamic Vinegar step by step
- Remove the bones from mackerel and cut into smaller pieces. Put the soy sauce, wine, sugar, garlic powder, cheese, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well. Add in the chopped mackerel pieces. Marinate for at least 30 min or half a day in the fridge..
- Cut the greens into bite sized pieces..
- Just before frying, coat each mackerel with flour, heat oil in a saucepan and fry the mackerel until it begins to crisp. Turn and fry until well cooked. Once cooked, place the fish on a plate with paper towels to soak up excess oil..
- Using a clean frying pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and once heated, put in the vegetables and stir fry on medium heat for a minute, then add the fried mackerel. Shake the pan a little to mix it up, but not too much. Finally, pour in 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper if needed..
Remove from the heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar if using. Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring, over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by about half. Spoon the chickpeas over the greens and drizzle the sauce over all. I made it tonight for dinner and did not see about the vinegar or red pepper. I just cooked it in oil and garlic and loved it.