Swiss Chard and Potatoes. This is a dish my husband grew up enjoying only his Mother used broccoli rabe when she made her version and it reminds me of real country peasant food. You can just imagine an old Nonna picking potatoes and greens from her garden and then cooking them together in this. Featured in: Potatoes And Swiss Chard In A Side Dish That Can Star.
Swiss chard is available with either reddish or light-green stalks. The red variety has a slightly stronger flavor, but the two are generally interchangeable. Frittatas with fresh herbs or seasonal vegetables are a main-stay of our diet, and we often serve them on the weekend for a late breakfast or early brunch. You can have Swiss Chard and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard and Potatoes
- Prepare of Swiss Chard 1 large head.
- You need 4 of Russet Potatoes 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- You need 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 can of garbanzo beans.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red paper flakes.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Nutritional yeast.
- You need of Grated vegan parmagian cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
In the summertime, we serve them with fresh tomatoes or roasted peppers and goat cheese; in the spring, we serve them. These delicious (and nutritious) Swiss chard recipes deserve a regular spot in your recipe rotation. We've got dinners, breakfasts and sides that'll make chard I use Swiss chard every way I can, and that includes stirring it into this breezy linguine. Swiss Chard is one of those funny vegetables that lots of people grow in their veg patches or allotments This dish is not just delicious but also insanely good for you – plenty of protein from lots of lentils, iron and vitamins from leafy green chard, and fibre and vitamins from the skin-on new potatoes.
Swiss Chard and Potatoes step by step
- Clean and chop potatoes. Place in saucepan of water. Salt water. Add potatoes. Boil until soft..
- Clean and chop Swiss Chard..
- Chop garlic and onion. Add to pan with oil. Sautee until garlic and onion are a little soft. Add Swiss Chard and sautee Add salt. Cook until chard is soft..
- When potatoes are soft drain. Add to Swiss Chard. Drain and add garbanzos. Cook 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle parmagian..
- Serve with whole wheat bread. Vegan butter and fresh salad..
Add the Swiss chard and potatoes, and season them lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and smashing the potatoes, until the liquid is evaporated and the potatoes are coarsely mashed. If the potatoes begin to brown, adjust the level of heat to medium low and continue stirring. The recipe for this Croatia inspired Swiss Chard with Potatoes is available here https I tried swiss chard for the first time during our trip last summer in Croatia and I really liked it. Then when we got the garden I decided I want to plant some and so I did.