Spinach Kale Basil Pesto. Spinach, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and Parmesan cheese work together in this tasty pesto recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Spinach Basil Pesto. Kale, Spinach and Basil Pesto Baked Pasta. by Natalie.
How to make pesto made with spinach, basil, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice & olive oil. This nut-free pesto freezes well and adds flavor to any Spinach Basil Pesto – A great flavor booster, we keep a jar of this Basil Pesto in our fridge at all times. Spinach Basil Pesto is a vegan version of the traditional pesto with raw spinach to boost the nutrient content. You can have Spinach Kale Basil Pesto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach Kale Basil Pesto
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh spinach, stems cut off.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kale, swiss chard or any favorite green.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of fresh italian parsley.
- Prepare 8 clove of roasted garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of slivered or chopped almonds or walnuts.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground flaxseed (optional).
The use of basil pesto doesn't stop at covering pasta, it can be used in many creative and unique ways, below I share several ideas and my favorite ways to use this pesto. This spinach basil pesto recipe is super easy to make and uses nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese. How to make pesto with spinach. Trim any large stems from your basil and spinach, and peel or press your garlic if you need to (although I usually just pop.
Spinach Kale Basil Pesto step by step
- Process your greens and herbs..
- Add nuts, garlic, parm and flaxseed (if using).
- Pulse 2-3 times then scrape down the sides and pulse once more..
- Taste and add the salt and pepper. Taste again and adjust..
- Cover your processor or blender and set to low setting as you drizzle the olive oil during the processing. Taste once more to fine tune seasonings and thickness. Keeps well over 4 days in a reusuable mason jar. Add to your favorite pasta, smear on toast or bake with chicken breasts. So versatile!.
Easy vegan pesto with tons of fresh herbs, nutrient-rich kale, seeds, and nutritional yeast! I know it sounds like the most crazy thing. A traditional pesto flavor profile would include basil, but when I made it with basil, I didn't really love it. Dump the spinach and basil into the boiling water and stir. Kuri Squash, Mushroom and Kale Tart with Rosemary Crust.