Swiss Chard Fatayer/pies.
You can have Swiss Chard Fatayer/pies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard Fatayer/pies
- Prepare of For the dough.
- It’s of Dough: see manoushe recipe (link in first step).
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 300 g of swiss chard, rinsed very well and chopped (you can replace with spinach).
- You need 1 of big onion, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s Pinch of or to taste: ground allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, paprika.
Swiss Chard Fatayer/pies step by step
- Prepare the dough as mentioned in this recipe https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/9141341.
- Or use any other basic dough that you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the filling ingredients: the chard, sumac, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, chopped onion, salt, olive oil, cinnamon powder, paprika, allspice, black pepper.
- (Btw you can have the filling as a salad, it’s so tasty just like that).
- Shape the dough into small balls, roll each ball, put one tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the dough.
- You fold the longest sides into each other to have a triangle then close the bottom in to join it all together.
- Place the triangles in a baking tray (brush the bottom with oil if it’s sticky) and brush their top with vegetable oil for a golden crispy top.
- If the oven is too, they’ll take around 10 minutes. Enjoy it with swiss chard moutabbal https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/13128930.