Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice. Wash the strips of Swiss Chard; drain. In the meantime peel the garlic You could squeeze the garlic with a garlic crusher but the texture and taste of pounded garlic is finer. Adas Bil Hamud is the Arabic name for this common Lebanese soup, and it translates to lentils in lemon juice.
Add the Swiss chard and cilantro and sauté until bright green and tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine, still over the heat. Add the Swiss chard mixture to the lentils, stir in the lemon juice, and heat through for just a few minutes. You can cook Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice
- Prepare 500 g of or (a bunch) washed & chopped Swiss chard.
- You need 1 cup of green lentils.
- You need 200 g of potato cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh coriander washed & chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of water – to dissolve flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 L of hot water (approximately).
Heat a large sauté pan with oil. Add onions and Swiss chard stems and cook until golden. Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil. Once lentils are fully cooked, remove from heat.
Lentils_with_Swiss_chard_and_lemon_juice step by step
- In a deep soup pot, add Swiss chard with lentils and water, boil until lentils are cooked.
- In a heated saute pan add oil and garlic allowing garlic to go golden in colour.
- Add coriander to the garlic and stir. Add the mixture to the lentils and Swiss chard's pot.
- At this stage add potato cubes and dissolved flour to the soup pot.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste. Leave on low heat until potatoes are cooked and ingredients are homogenized..
- Serve hot,next to radish and onion.
- By:Bara'a Chougari.
Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Add Swiss chard by the handful, tossing and letting it cook down a bit before adding more, and cook until tender; season with salt and pepper. Chef Kamal demonstrates how to prepare Lentil soup with swiss chard (adas bi hamood), using brown lentils, swiss chard, cilantro and lemon. Weight Watchers Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard. This soup turned out hearty and satisfying, perfect for an easy weeknight meal, especially when If you've made this low fat Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.