Broccoli Cheddar Soup. My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah.
This soup is stick to your bones good. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. A very good broccoli cheese soup. You can have Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of cream 18%.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of carrot, shredded.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is adapted from my family's favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- In large pot melt butter over medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add flour and continue to stir for about five minutes..
- Slowly mix in chicken broth until fully incorporated. Add cream stirring constantly. Carefully bring to the boil. You must watch the pot because this will boil quickly. Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Now your soup base should be slightly thickened. If too thick add either more broth or cream depending on your taste. Add broccoli, shredded carrot and garlic, allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft..
- Using a hand blender, carefully blend up the soup until desired texture/ consistency. Slowly add the two cups of cheese, constantly stirring. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted and soup is heating through. Server and garnish with remaking cheese..
This single serving recipe will surely become your. A from-scratch, homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe! This is cozy homemade comfort food at On-demand broccoli soup is kind of a necessity around here, especially while the weather is still. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess. Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop.