Cheddar Drop Biscuits. If making biscuits is intimidating to you, these easy Cheddar Drop Biscuits are your answer! They're much easier to make than the usual rolled and cut biscuits, and have a wonderful fluffy texture. These biscuits are fancy enough for a holiday get together yet they are simple enough to make as part of a weeknight meal.
Drop Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon – these easy drop biscuits turn your traditional Drop Biscuits with BACON and Cheese. Yes, you read the title correctly. These simple drop biscuits make a great quick and easy side dish for any dinner! You can cook Cheddar Drop Biscuits using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- It’s of Biscuit Batter:.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen butter, grated.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cold buttermilk.
- It’s 1 of heaping cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Buttery Topping:.
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of each salt, garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried parsley.
My grandmother used to make them and there's something about them that triggers the "I'm a little girl at Grandma Helen's house. And these cheddar bay biscuits are no exception. Simply stir everything together, drop them onto a baking sheet and that's it. Garlicky and cheesy buttermilk drop biscuits that go with any meal.
Cheddar Drop Biscuits instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, parsley, salt and garlic powder. Then use a fork or pastry cutter to cut in the frozen, grated butter until it resembles small peas..
- Fold in the buttermilk, then the shredded cheese until just combined. Careful not to overmix the batter or your biscuits will be dense. Use either a medium sized cookie scoop or two large spoons to drop the batter onto the baking pan, keeping an inch or two of space between them, as they will expand a bit in the oven..
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depends how big you make them and how hot your oven runs), until golden brown on the bottom and the tops are starting to crisp up a bit. While they are baking, whisk together the ingredients for the buttery topping in a small bowl and set them aside. Once the biscuits are done, immediately brush them with the buttery mixture and serve them warm..
Add the finely grated cheddar, and toss until well combined. Pour in the buttermilk, and stir with a flexible spatula to form a soft dough. Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits from Deep South Dish website. An easy baking mix biscuit based on the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit copycats, made with sharp cheddar cheese and melted butter. Add buttermilk and stir until just combined.