Cheddar Broccoli Soup. I had been craving broccoli cheddar soup and went with this one since it looked easy and had great reviews. All Reviews for Copycat Panera® Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah.
Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. This soup is stick to your bones good. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. You can have Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- It’s 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- It’s 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- You need 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 C of Half n Half.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- You need to taste of Pepper-add.
- Prepare to taste of Salt-add.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- It’s 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- It’s 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- It’s of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
Soup is a popular meal choice in our home especially when it's cold outside. Grey could eat this tomato basil soup every meal of the day if I let him and Bentley inhales this. This cheddar broccoli soup is a doctored Bear Creek soup mix that is rich and delicious, no one will know it wasn't made from scratch! This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the.
Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is adapted from my family's favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli. This single serving recipe will surely become your. A from-scratch, homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe! This is cozy homemade comfort food at On-demand broccoli soup is kind of a necessity around here, especially while the weather is still.