Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits. Add cheese and cut butter and cream cheese into small chunks and distribute throughout processor bowl. Pour milk through feed tube in a slow stream while pulsing until cohesive but crumbly dough forms. These Cheddar Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits are really simple and quick to make, so delicious, tender, flaky and super cheesy.
Chili With Savory Cheddar Biscuits-CVC Baking. Chili With Savory Cheddar Biscuits-CVC Baking. These cream cheese biscuits with chives combine two of our favorite flavors. You can cook Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits
- It’s 3 cups of self rising flour (a bit more for kneading and rolling).
- Prepare 1 stick of cold salted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 8 ounce of pack of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of cold whole milk (more if needed).
- You need 8 ounces of good quality sharp cheddar cheese, finely shedded.
- You need 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
We filled the split biscuits with egg salad, and the little sandwiches were wonderful. Tuna or chicken salad would be excellent as well, or serve them along with a meal.. Yellow Squash Cheddar Cheese Biscuit, Cheddar Cheese Biscuit Lobster Sandwich, Cheddar Cheese Biscuit "potpie" ~ S. Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits Recipe taste like Red Lobster cheddar biscuits without all the carbs.
Bigmama's Cream Cheese and Cheddar Biscuits step by step
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet or baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. (I used parchment paper)..
- Place flour in large, wide bowl. Add butter and cream cheese to flour; cut (blend in) with fork or hands until mixture is crumbly and resembles cottage cheese..
- Make a well (hole) in center of flour mixture; pour in milk. Mix dough from inside the well (circular) with hands or wooden spoon just until dough forms. Note: If dough is dry add a little more milk. Dough should be a bit sticky!.
- Sprinkle flour on countertop, on your hands and on rolling pin; scrape dough onto counter, sprinkle dough lightly with flour. Knead for one minute, and roll dough out until 1/2" thick. Dust dough and counter lightly with flour as needed..
- Once dough is rolled out, sprinkle over with cheese. Fold dough and roll it out again. Do this 3 or four times..
- Cut dough with round biscuit cutter (I used a glass)..
- Place biscuits into baking pan, sides touching. Reroll any extra dough or shape by hand and add to pan..
- Place biscuits in oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until golden on top. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter. Enjoy!.
This recipe does not call for sour cream or cream cheese but you can add these to suit your taste if desired. This is our favorite low carb biscuit recipe. These cheese garlic biscuits are the perfect base for a filling and savory breakfast sandwich. To make these cheddar garlic biscuits part of a complete comforting meal, pair them with a delicious and easy homemade soup, like this slow-cooker cheesy potato soup recipe. Light and airy cheesy biscuits packed with sharp cheddar and spicy fresh jalapeños.