Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup. To cooked potato and broth mixture, add water, cream and roux stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Stir in the cheese, bacon bits, parsley, pepper and paprika. Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted, stir continuously and remove from heat when cheese is melted.
Add potatoes and broth to stockpot. Beat with whisk until ingredients are well combined. Using a medium sized stock pot bring water to a boil, add potatoes and cook until tender. You can cook Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 2 slices of bacon – chopped ¼ inch dice.
- It’s 1 ounce of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 of each vidalia sweet onion — fine diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery- fine dice.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 6 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of each Idaho potatoes – diced ½ inch.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 8 ounces of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese- shredded.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of parsley- chopped.
FlourishAnyway is a mom, a psychologist, and a picky eater who enjoys cooking. She believes that food nourishes the soul. What tastes more like the comfort of home than a warm bowl of creamy cheese potato soup, topped with bacon? The Best Potato Cheddar Bacon Soup Crock Pot Recipes on Yummly
Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup step by step
- Chop bacon, cook with oil in a 5 quart sauce pan at a moderate heat until crisp. Take out the bacon and set aside (Note leave the oil in the pan it will become part of the compound roux.).
- Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until tender or translucent.
- Add the flour to the pan to make the compound roux, stir in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for about 1 minute..
- Add chicken stock and the milk stirring in with a whisk for 1 minute then use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir periodically to prevent burning..
- Add the potatoes,salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. The potatoes should be tender. Add the thyme 1/2 way through the simmering..
- Add cooked bacon back in. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Add the cheese stir in to melt. Add parsley.
- Note-This soup can always have more bacon, a dollop of sour cream or cheddar sprinkled on top:).
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash And Bacon Soup, Slow Cooker Sour Cream Potato Bacon Soup, Corn And Potato Chowder Recipe For The Crock Pot Slow Cooker Directions. Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into small pieces. My ultimate Chunky Potato Soup – an easy, one-pot potato soup, loaded with crispy bacon and cheddar cheese.