Broccoli and cheddar cheese twice baked potato. Try Out A Classic Tonight With Easy Potatoes Au Gratin. Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are the epitome of comfort food! Add a salad to make them a full meal.
I guess I'll be making these broccoli cheddar twice baked potatoes with bacon when it's just me and my daughter home for dinner. Wash the potatoes then poke a few holes with a fork or knife. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. You can have Broccoli and cheddar cheese twice baked potato using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheddar cheese twice baked potato
- You need 8 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Broccoli heads.
- You need of As much sharp Cheddar cheese as desired.
- Prepare of Salt, black pepper, and garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
When potatoes are halfway through baking, place sheet on rack in lower third. Make mashed potatoes out of the pulp. These cheesy twice baked potatoes were first cooked in the microwave (you can of course bake them), then scooped out and mashed with cooked cauliflower, buttermilk and cheese. Then they went back into the shells and topped with steamed broccoli and more cheese, delicious!
Broccoli and cheddar cheese twice baked potato instructions
- Wash potatoes we'll and let them dry. Once they are dry covered with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt (salt will allow the potato to get crispy) . Set the potatoes on baking pan with parchment paper and let them bake at 350° for 1 hr and 15 mins.
- Put a medium sized pan on stove with about 2 inches of water and put both washed broccoli heads in the pan. Covered the pan and let the broccoli boil for about 6-7 minutes . Once the broccoli is steamed , drain and set aside ..
- When the potatoes are done put them to cool for about 10 minutes..
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the potato in the inside (Leave a crust so the skin of the potato won't rip or fall apart). Once you scoop all the potato out of all 8 potatoes put it in a large bowl . Set aside.
- Set medium sized pan on stove on medium heat. Add the bar of butter and one cup of milk. Stir until smooth. Once it's done add it to your potato filling and mix !!.
- Once it is all smoothed out add a pinch of black pepper, salt and garlic to the potato filling and a hand full of sharp cheddar cheese. Once its all mixed add the sour cream after that add a head of broccoli to the potato filling and mix until everything is combined into a heavenly creamy delicious potato and broccoli mixture..
- Fill the empty potato skins with the potato mixture and top with more broccoli and lots of cheese!.
- Put the filled potatoes on baking pan and slide in the oven for another 10 mins or until cheese is melted ! Serve and enjoy.
Kid-friendly, vegetarian, gluten-free and simple to make. Slice potatoes half, then scoop out most of the flesh into a large bowl. Mix in onion powder, then season with salt and pepper. The combination of the two along some salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasoning, creates a creamy, light, and flavorful mashed potato filling. Adding chicken, broccoli, and a little cheddar cheese turns an average twice baked potato into a delicious and healthy dinner.