The Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup. There has been a creamy curried potato soup, a sweet potato soup with miso and ginger, and a roasted garlic and potato soup. If you already have a few baked potatoes and some cooked bacon in the fridge, this dish comes together in less than five minutes. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup.
Add white Cheddar and cream, stirring until cheese melts. Top servings with bacon, green scallion pieces. Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup – a super easy recipe that's great for even the pickiest of eaters! You can cook The Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
- Prepare 8 of medium Potatoes.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of crushed basil leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red peppers.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 tsp of flour.
- You need 5 oz of bacon crumbled.
- It’s 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese.
When I posted my freezer meals experiment a few weeks ago, I mentioned that in between the frozen meals that we'd be eating freshly made meals – including my Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup. Here's a recipe I created as an alternative to plain potato soup. Hearty and comforting, it disappears quickly when I serve it to my family on chilly evenings. I feed a few vegetarians so I eliminated the bacon and the chicken bouillon and used vegetable broth instead of water.
The Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup step by step
- Cut and cube potatoes evenly. Put in to your pot. Also add your chicken broth, onion, butter, sea salt, black pepper, basil, crushed red peppers and water..
- Bring to a boil till potatoes are tender. Stirring occasionally. Once tender put to a simmer..
- Now in additional bowel add milk and flour. Stir till smooth. Add mix, bacon and cheese to simmering pot. Stir well and let simmer for abut 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Now it's ready. Enjoy. I make mine with 2 teaspoons of crushed red peppers for more of a kick. For those of you who like spice. I get about 3 quarts out this recipe..
Bacon, onions, potatoes, and cheddar – this soup is a liquefied version of a twice-baked potato. This cheesy potato soup is one of the most requested recipes that I make. It tastes like a loaded baked potato has exploded in your mouth. Is there anything better than potato Cheddar and bacon soup? With fall just around the corner this will be perfect.