Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese. When I created this soup at the last minute for an impromptu ice skating party, it was a hit. This is a good solid meal in and of itself. Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings.
It's packed with cauliflower and uses just enough cheddar cheese to give it flavor, but not so much that you think. Cheddar Cheese – This is a pretty cheesy soup, so you could decrease this amount if you want to cut back a bit. But I love it as it is! You can cook Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese
- You need 2 tbsp of lard or oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of celery, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 lb of ham, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large chopped Summer Squash.
- You need 8 cup of broth.
- It’s 1 head of large Cheddar Cauliflower, chopped.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheese.
Freezing Cauliflower Soup – unfortunately, this isn't that easy. Since the soup has a large dairy base (milk and cheese) it is much harder to freeze and. Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil. It would also be great with flavored croutons, fresh chopped chives, a little diced cooked bacon, or a swirl of sour cream or roasted red pepper puree.
Cheddar Cauliflower and Summer Squash Soup with Ham and Cheese instructions
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in the fat..
- Had the Summer Squash and ham. And cook until hot..
- Add the the broth and cauliflower plus the seasonings. Cook until the cauliflower is done..
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese blended in..
Creamy roasted cauliflower soup with white cheddar, thyme, and rosemary. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Roasted Chickpeas. Cauliflower, ham, Pepper Jack cheese and potato flakes go into this quick, thick soup with a bit of a kick.