Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah. My husband Eric and I eat dinner together to spend some quality time together. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
This creamy velvety soup is much better than Panera's broccoli It's a favorite of kids because of it's creamy texture and cheesy flavor, and loved by parents because it's secretly loaded with a ton of nutritious veggies. Do you love cheesy broccoli soup, but not all the calories that go with it? Try this lighter version, and garnish with chopped walnuts for a I just made this yummy soup. You can cook Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 2 packages of Broccoli florets (12 oz bags).
- You need 16 oz of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 12 oz of Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Diced onion.
- It’s 12 oz of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 5 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 can of 12 oz. cans of evaporated milk.
- It’s 6 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste..
Our better-than-ever broccoli cheddar is lighter, brighter, and less gloppy than the kind you'd find in your corporate cafeteria, with creaminess that Because we missed the bread bowl (how you could blame us?), we added something even better and a little more reasonable: cheddar cheesy croutons. This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is adapted from my family's favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli. This single serving recipe will surely become your favorite too.
Cheesy Yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- Dice onion and slice butter into chunks..
- Combine onion and butter in large skillet and cook until onion is soft..
- Add flour to onion and butter and combine. (This will look thick and bready but don't worry!).
- Slowly stir in both cans of evaporated milk. Stir together in a whisking motion, constantly stirring over medium heat..
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- When thoroughly stirred, pour into crock pot..
- Add chicken broth and broccoli to crock pot..
- Cook on high 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- NOTE: this requires a big sized crock pot. If you have a small one like mine, you'll have to transfer to a pot on the stove. Either way is perfect..
- After two hours, add heavy cream and both cheeses..
- Once cheese is melted and cream is stirred in, it's ready to eat!.
This soup is stick to your bones good. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. Feel free to add some extra broccoli in there to sneak in some extra veggies! This Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup is loaded with cheesy goodness and totally dairy free! You will not believe how cheesy and yummy this tastes, without any dairy at all!