Apple Sausage Quinoa.
You can cook Apple Sausage Quinoa using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Sausage Quinoa
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 3 links of sweet chicken apple sausage, sliced then quartered.
- Prepare 1 of apple, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each ground sage, salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries (optional).
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (optional).
- You need 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
Apple Sausage Quinoa step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the chopped chicken sausage, apples and seasonings. Cook and stir until the apples have softened up. Then stir in the cooked quinoa and dried cranberries (if using). Let the quinoa get integrated with everything and heated through, then remove from the heat, top with the sliced almonds if you'd like and serve..
- You can eat it as is, as a yummy fall inspired type of grain bowl, but it is also really good stuffed into some acorn squash and baked (pictured here)..