Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This soup is stick to your bones good. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. Feel free to add some extra broccoli in there to sneak in some extra veggies!
Delish.com is home to your favorite dinner recipes, party ideas, and #KitchenLessons. Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe – Cheesy and Delicious! Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! You can cook Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 6 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Flour + 3 more tablespoons.
- It’s 3 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 cup of Finely chopped broccoli.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 packages of Cheddar cheese.
My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. My husband Eric and I eat dinner together to spend some quality time together. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess.
Delish Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and flour. Cook for three minutes stirring CONSTANTLY..
- Slowly, whisk in the milk, chicken broth and broccoli cook, stirring frequently until it boils lightly and thickens.
- At this point, I transferred to a crock pot. I cooked on high for about 2 hours until broccoli became tender. Then, stir in the heavy cream.Then, I added a whole bag of cheddar cheese, about 2cups. I cooked on low for about 20 minutes more. Add the salt and pepper..
Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop depth of flavor, but this isn't one of those soups. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special If you're OBSESSED with Panera Bread, you need to try our Broccoli Cheddar Soup. PagesOtherBrandWebsiteNews and media websiteDelishVideosHow To Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup.