White Cheddar-Chive Pimento Cheese. Whether you serve White Cheddar-Chive Pimiento Cheese as an appetizer or a sandwich filling, this Southern staple will not disappoint. Choose an aged sharp Cheddar cheese for extra bite. Chopped chives and Dijon mustard add piquant punch in place of grated onion.
Kraft makes this really good white cheddar jalapeno cheese. I really like the spicy kick with the sharp cheddar flavor. I thought it would make a nice pimento cheese spread.and why not add bacon! You can cook White Cheddar-Chive Pimento Cheese using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Cheddar-Chive Pimento Cheese
- Prepare 1 of 12 oz. block aged sharp white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of plus 2 tbsp. good quality mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of 4 oz jar pimento, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground red pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
I made it as a grilled sandwich – Yummy! Great as a regular sandwich or as a snack in celery sticks. This mix of cheeses with red pimento peppers and mayonnaise (or cream cheese and sour cream) is traditionally spread on slices of white bread and the resulting light, yet filling, sandwiches are perfect for snacking on warm, sunny Southern afternoons. Classic pimento cheese, in its purest form is simply shredded yellow, or sometimes white cheddar, anywhere from mild to extra sharp, according to personal taste, and chopped or pureed pimentos and sometimes, canned or freshly roasted red peppers instead.
White Cheddar-Chive Pimento Cheese instructions
- Grate half of the cheese on the large holes of the grater..
- Grate remaining cheese on the small holes of box grater..
- Stir together the mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients..
- Mix the cheese in mayo mixture until well blended. Let stand 15 minutes..
- Cover and let chill. Can be stored tightly covered for up to 3 days..
- Great as a sandwich, dip or toasted bread as appetizers..
Stove top Creamy Caprese Pasta loaded with tomato and cheese flavors. No cream is used in this recipe. Sharp white cheddar cheese and horseradish are mixed with cream cheese creating a spicy dip perfect for parties. Had some cheddar cheese that needed to be used. I usually make pimento cheese spread but was out of pimentos.