Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Cheese Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products.
Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper. Broccoli Cheddar Soup Tips How do you keep broccoli cheddar soup from curdling? Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. You can cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- You need 1 medium of White Onion (coarsely chopped).
- You need 1 medium of Russet Potato (1/2-inch cubes).
- It’s 8 oz of Broccoli (medium chopped).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 4 cup of Low-Sodium Chicken Stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of Half & Half.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. Add broccoli stalks and potato pieces to pot and stir to coat in butter. Reduce heat to medium-low and keep at a simmer. How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Step by Step.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- To a stock pot over medium heat, add canola oil, chopped onion, chopped potato, chopped broccoli, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Cover and cook for 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes..
- Transfer onion, potato, and broccoli to a separate bowl. To same stock pot over medium heat, melt butter. When butter is melted, add flour and stir vigorously until a golden roux has formed..
- Starting with the milk, add all liquids one cup at a time stirring constantly until a creamy soup base has formed..
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, as well as the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted..
- Return onions, potatoes, and broccoli to stock pot with cream mixture. Stir gently to disperse them throughout..
Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it.