Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing. To make icing, place cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar; blend in vanilla extract I like the addition of lemon zest to the icing and plan to try it with other recipes. One tip: if you always keep a lemon in the freezer you can grate off.
The combination of lemon, with lemon zest, gives the cake a clean, fresh tasting texture. Adding acid to a cake is essential to balance out the sweetness from the saltiness, and provides that little zing that keeps you wanting more. Expert Tip: To make the icing on top look pretty, try running a skewer along. You can have Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing
- It’s 1 box of favorite lemon cake mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 3 of eggs room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the Frosting.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon zest.
A mouth-watering cake with a touch of lemon, filled with lemon curd, and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting. It makes a beautiful cake for a birthday, spring shower, or for your Easter table and I love to serve it with a scoop of citrus sorbet with Meyer lemons. Now, I have to share with you that. It's just creamy enough but bright with lemon flavor, and it adds an additional kick of sweetness to the cakey bars below.
Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest Cream Cheese Icing instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium with an electric mixer until all ingredients are combined, pour in bundt pan. Place in oven..
- For the frosting, add the butter, lemon juice and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low gradually add the powder sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Once combined, turn the mixer up to medium and beat for another two minutes. Spread onto cooled cake then add chocolate chips to cake and serve. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!!.
In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour into flour mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. This lemon sheet cake recipe is totally homemade and completely delicious! It's super fluffy and light and perfect for spring. It's topped with cream cheese frosting On top of the cream cheese icing, I added the little candied lemon rounds from Trader Joes!