Green Mac and Cheese. Green Mac 'n' Cheese. featured in Spinach Pasta Vs. What could make mac & cheese even better? Taking it on a southwestern spin with roasted green chiles, corn, and jack cheese!
Topped with flaked almonds for crunch and oozy Cheddar. Leek, broccoli & spinach, toasted almond topping. Leeks, broccolini and spinach add color and nutrition to this cheesy pasta, which gets a dose of crunch from a toasted almond topping. You can cook Green Mac and Cheese using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Mac and Cheese
- Prepare of Macaroni.
- You need 280 grams of macaroni.
- It’s 1.5 litre of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Green Paste.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary (2 if you fancy).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 60 grams of spinach (or any kinds of greens you have in your fridge).
- You need 30 grams of parsley.
- You need of Cheese Sauce.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- You need 800 grams of half-and-half.
- It’s 64 grams of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 255 grams of quick-melted cheese (I use soft cheddar).
- You need of Topping (optional).
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Cheese.
- You need of Cream.
We figured out a way to eat your greens while eating macaroni and cheese. MUNCHIES Culinary Director, Farideh Sadeghin, shows us how to make this. Classic mac & cheese with a delicious twist – added greens & pesto. We've got lots more easy pasta recipes & marvellous midweek mains at Tesco Real Stir in the macaroni mixture, ensuring the pasta is evenly coated in the cheesy sauce.
Green Mac and Cheese instructions
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Cook the macaroni in simmering water with vegetable oil and salt until al dente (you can chew it but not 100% cooked so you won’t have overcooked macaroni on your plate later). Strain the macaroni.
- Throw all of your green paste ingredients into food processor.
- Make sure you have a smooth looking paste. Do not worry over the smell. It’ll taste good I promise.
- Melt the butter on a pan to start working on the cheese sauce.
- Pour in the half-and-half and add add the flour before the mixture start to simmer. Your mixture will start to thicken so mix it well with a whisker.
- Add 4 tablespoonful of the green paste and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and basil. Don’t forget to taste.
- Add the macaroni and then gently fold it in.
- I cut my cheese into boxes (just because I hate washing cheese shredder) then add them to the pan. Fold them in gently.
- There you have it! Your green mac and cheese. I love to add a pice of butter to my plate of pasta for some extra richness.
- Feel free to add some cheese or both cheese and cream over your mac and cheese in a butter-lined baking dish and continue cooking it in 180 degrees Celcius oven for 10 minutes.
Transfer to a large baking dish and scatter over the cheese. Ever feel like mac and cheese isn't super healthy? This mac and cheese recipe from Jamie Oliver's latest cookbook is full of greenery—like spinach, leek, and broccolini. "Swap spinach out for any kind of exciting fresh or frozen greens, discarding any tough stalks. Mix in the pasta and pour into a casserole dish. It's hard for us to resist a bubbling, carb-laden pan of mac and cheese, but since we always strive for balance, we're trading in the classic for Jamie Oliver's greens mac and cheese from his new cookbook.