Pesto Cheese Toast. Cheese on Toast has never been so luxurious and full of flavour thanks to our delicious Classic Basil Pesto. Cheese on Toast will never taste the same again! Enjoy your faux pesto and cheese breakfast toast with coffee.
Pesto, cheese, tomatoes, crisp golden-brown toast: what more could you want?! Your family will be asking for Pesto Pizza toast on repeat! Genoa is the birthplace of the classic Italian basil pesto recipe. You can cook Pesto Cheese Toast using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto Cheese Toast
- Prepare of Ciabatta bread, sliced.
- You need of Basil pesto.
- Prepare slices of Tomato.
- Prepare of Sliced provolone cheese.
Today, a variety of pestos are available, made with different herbs, nuts and interesting ingredients. Place spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and cheese in a mini food processor; pulse until finely chopped. With processor running, gradually add oil; process until smooth. Spread evenly over bread; cut into quarters.
Pesto Cheese Toast instructions
- Turn oven to broiler..
- Place ciabatta on baking sheet cut side down. Broil until bread is toasted, about 3 minutes..
- Remove from oven and on the inside of the bread, spoon on 1-2 tbsp pesto on each side. Top with tomato and provolone cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 4-5 mins..
Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Pull them out and stuff with pesto and mozzarella cheese. We love to throw in halved or whole, depending on size grape tomatoes and then bake them off for a few extra minutes to melt the cheese.. Toast for a few minutes or until golden brown, shaking the pan occasionally to toss the nuts and promote even color. In fact, if you're staring at the recipe you're kind of missing the point.