Salmon Cream Cheese Crepes. At Philadelphia, we use the ingredients you love like fresh milk and real smoked salmon. In a bowl, blend the cream cheese with the butter, lemon zest, shallot, capers, dill and fish sauce and season with pepper. Crepes are such a classic nice and fancy breakfast option.
Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the lemon peel, juice, shallots, remaining dill, capers and paprika. Spread each crepe with some of this mixture, then cover with a layer of smoked salmon. You can have Salmon Cream Cheese Crepes using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon Cream Cheese Crepes
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 of salmon fillet.
- Prepare 1/2 of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped leek.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 100 gr of cream cheese.
- Prepare 50 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated cheese of your choice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s of prasley.
- It’s of dill.
Roll each crepe jellyroll fashion and wrap in plastic wrap. Fry the crepe on both sides, until golden brown. Set aside and repeat with the remaining batter. For the filling: For the filling, mix the cream cheese, spring onions, and lemon juice in a bowl and spread over the pancakes.
Salmon Cream Cheese Crepes step by step
- FOR THE CREPES. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the egg. Gradually add in the milk, stirring to combine. Add the salt and beat until smooth..
- It's important to use a large pan so the crepes become thin and large. Heat the pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter. When the butter has melted add 1/4 of the crepe mixture to the pan, tilting the pan in a circular motion so that the mixture goes everywhere evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Set the crepe aside, and repeat with the rest of the mixture..
- Prepare the Salmon. In a pan over medium-high heat add 1 tbsp butter. Once melted add the salmon fillet, cook for about 2 minutes on each side and start to pull it apart with a fork and a spatula. cook for 2 more minutes and set aside.
- For the Filling. In a large pan over medium-high heat add 1 tbsp butter. Once melted, add the leek, the mushrooms and the chopped onion. Saute for about 3 minutes..
- Add the garlic and Saute for 3 more minutes..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add the Cream Cheese and the heavy cream..
- While it simmers, whisk the cream cheese continuously so that it melts..
- When the cream cheese has melted, add the pulled salmon and the grated cheese and cook for another minute..
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice, parsley, a lot of dill and salt and pepper..
- Place 1 crepe on a flat surface. Top with 1/2 of the filling and roll up to enclose. Repeat with the second Crepe..
Top with smoked salmon and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Top each with salmon, spinach, capers and dill; roll up. Garnish with additional cheese, capers and dill if desired.