Cream cheese potatoes. Cream cheese makes these mashed potatoes extra rich and creamy. These are already some of the easiest mashed potatoes to make but if you need the extra stove space Crock-Pot Garlicky Mashed. Mashed potatoes made with cream cheese, sour cream, and butter.
That's how I feel about a good ol' pot of southern homemade mashed potatoes. When I serve this easy mash, the bowl is always scraped clean. Before holiday feasts, I make it early and keep it warm in a slow cooker so I can focus on. You can have Cream cheese potatoes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream cheese potatoes
- It’s 5 Pounds of Russet Potatoes.
- It’s 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2-1 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need of Chives for serving, Optional.
These cream cheese scalloped potatoes are a no-brainer, though. They go well with turkey or ham, and they are more substantial than mashed potatoes,. The potatoes are baked and then filled with beaten potato, cheese, and seasonings. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, split them lengthwise and scoop the potato into a mixing bowl.
Cream cheese potatoes instructions
- Wash and peel potatoes, then cut into 1 inch cubes. Place the potatoes into a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring the potatoes to a gentle boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes and return to the warm pot, or to a mixing bowl..
- Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, and seasonings to the potatoes. Mash slightly to break the large potatoes up. Beat the potatoes with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy..
- I start with 1/2 Cup of milk for this recipe and add more if needed for desired consistency. Use 1 Cup of milk or a little more if you like your potatoes a little more thin..
- Serve immediately garnished with chives if desired. Enjoy..
We're not sure how or why it took us so long to realize that we desperately needed to incorporate these into our potato game, but once we did, we were thrilled with the results. Now, let me just say that Marlboro Man would never—NEVER—touch cream cheese with a ten-foot pole. I just love cream cheese mashed potatoes. I know, not the healthiest, but try telling my taste buds that! You can always find a hot pot of these mashed potatoes on my table during holidays.