Tuna Mac-and-Cheese. This easy casserole recipe uses mac-n-cheese from a box with a can of tuna, mushrooms, and bread crumbs as a topping. Stir cheese sauce mixture from the packet, margarine, and. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
Hi Guys, today I'll show you How to Make a Quick and Easy Dinner – Homemade Tuna Mac and Cheese. Now this doesn't have to come out of a box, you can make it. Drain and drizzle with a touch of oil to keep the pasta loose. You can cook Tuna Mac-and-Cheese using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Mac-and-Cheese
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat egg noodles.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 3/4 cup of freshly shredded cheese of choice.
- It’s 1 can (5 oz.) of unsalted, solid albacore tuna, drained.
Mac and cheese out of a box isn't normally considered a nutritional standout, but when you gussy up a homemade microwave version with whole grain pasta, protein-packed tuna, and an assortment of vegetables, you have yourself a dish that won't leave you second-guessing each bite. Kick your KRAFT DINNER Macaroni and Cheese up a notch with this Mac and Cheese Tuna Casserole recipe. Try this Tuna Mac and Cheese recipe, or contribute your own. Comfort food with a kick, this spicy tuna mac and cheese is a great on-the-go lunch to enjoy on the slopes.
Tuna Mac-and-Cheese instructions
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Once it's done, drain it and toss it lightly with olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Set it aside. In the same pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and cook until it's translucent, just about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant..
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring fairly constantly for a couple more minutes. Then slowly add in the broth and the milk while stirring to fully incorporate everything smoothly. Increase the heat to med-high. Let it come up to a low boil..
- Once it's bubbling, lower the heat back down and let it simmer until it's thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Then stir in the salt, pepper and peas. Slightly break up the tuna with a fork into large chunks and stir that in as well. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's melted in, then serve..
After a morning of skiing, all we want for lunch is something warming and comforting. Follow directions in cooking macaroni,. and package of cheese. Prepare macaroni and cheese as on package. A spicy southwest inspired version of tuna mac and cheese with black beans and yellowfin tuna made in partnership with Genova Seafood! Great for weeknight dinners, game day or anytime you have a comfort food craving.