Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese. Eggplant rolls stuffed with ham and cheese. INGREDIENTS eggplant Parmesan cheese ham provolone cheese basil tomato sauce salt DIRECTIONS Prepare the tomato sauce by cooking tomato paste in a pan with. Photo "Eggplant rolls with cheese and ham" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.
Arrange rolls in a baking pan and spread with tomato sauce. These authentic eggplant roll-ups may take some time to prepare, but the end result is restaurant-quality. Your family will request this recipe time and again. You can cook Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese
- It’s 2 of large eggplants, peeled and cut length wise into 1/2 inch slices.
- You need of Basting sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of chili infused olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of each, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of About 2 cups marinara sauce.
- It’s 1/4 pound of thin sliced deli hot ham.
- You need 8 ounces of sliced provalone cheese.
- Prepare 15 of crisply cooked pepperoni, chopped.
- You need 1 of green onion thinly sliced.
Carefully roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Share: Rate this Recipe This recipe from The Old Farmer's Almanac Comfort Food cookbook contains three different cheeses and is sure to convert anyone who claims not to like eggplant. Egg roll — it's a big, soft and porous omelet. This is a great base stranded for almost any delicious ingredients.
Eggplant Rolled with Ham and Cheese step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray foil with non stick spray.
- Combine all basting ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture and place on prepared pan, bake until tender, turning once about 20 minutes.
- Place some marinara in a baking dish, large enough to hold rolls in one layer.
- Assemble rolls.
- Place each eggplant on a work surface.
- Add provalone to cover eggplant.
- Then cover with ham.
- Then roll up.
- Place in sauce covered prepared pan.
- Add some sauce on each roll and sprinkle with Romano cheese and a strip of provolone. Sprinkle with crispy pepperoni and green onion.
- Bake at 425 until hot, about 15 minutes.
These super simple Ham and Cheese Rollups knocked us both off our seats! Just toss your ham and cheese onto a batch of stretched out pizza dough, roll it up tight, and pinch the edges to seal. In under an hour, it crisps up into a beautifully golden, gooey loaf! Roll out the pizza dough onto a cutting board. Brush the entire surface with the seasoned olive oil.