Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes. Delicious Washington-state Bings & Rainier cherries. Only in season for a couple months! This recipe was inspired by my favorite candy, chocolate covered cherries.
Each cupcake gets a generous filling of cherry preserves and then topped with the cherry buttercream. If you love chocolate covered cherries then this indulgent chocolate cherry cupcakes recipe is for you! Moist chocolate cupcakes are topped with a decadent puff of creamy maraschino cherry buttercream frosting to create a pretty, homemade cupcake that no one can resist! You can have Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- You need of (A) the cake.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 10 of chopped cherries.
- It’s 10 of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of (B) garnish.
- Prepare 10 of halved cherries.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
The chopped cherries blend into the ultra-rich chocolate cake, giving these cupcakes a slight cherry flavor while keeping it super-moist with little added oil. These chocolate cherry cupcakes are decadent, chocolaty and filled with a sweet cherry filling. My moist, light and fluffy chocolate cupcakes recipe is the base for these cupcakes. While the filling is a sweet cherry filling, topped with a bakery-style vanilla frosting.
Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes step by step
- Mix all the ingredients in section A and pour into 6 oiled cupcake mold..
- Preheat oven to 180°C then bake the cupcakes for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked..
- Allow cake to rest outside oven for 30 minutes..
- Melt butter in pan and add honey, cinnamon and cherries. cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until softened. serve hot with the cupcakes..
I was once treated to one of these chocolate cherry cupcakes. Decadent, chocolaty and filled with dark cherries, the cupcake felt like heaven in my mouth. Rich, velvety smooth, chewy, moist and fruity. It took me a while to get the recipe as I did not know the baker well enough but I eventually got it. I think I died and went to Heaven… For the record I tried to style these to look as appealing as possible for you but for my personal enjoyment I add a smear of buttercream on top and a pile of cherries in the middle.