Cherry Clafoutis. This recipe for cherry clafoutis is one of the easiest French desserts you can ever make, simply perfect for cherry season and is absolutely amazing. For this cherry clafoutis we've also included some vanilla extract, almond extract, and blanched almonds. Right out of the oven this clafoutis looks a little like a battlefield of cherries.
Super-creamy and custardy in texture, it's almost like a cross between flan and cake. Cherry Clafoutis or Clafouti (pronounced kla-foo-TEE) is a rustic looking French country dessert from the Limousin region that has become very. Cherry Clafoutis is a classic French dessert of fresh cherries baked in a dense, flan-like custard. You can cook Cherry Clafoutis using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Clafoutis
- You need 300 g of cherries.
- You need 20 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 10 cl of milk.
- You need 50 g of white flour.
- You need 30 g of sugar powder.
- It’s of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
This clafoutis recipe is surprisingly simple to make. When it's cherry season, give this clafoutis a try! Raymond Blanc shares his simple recipe for a classic clafoutis. Other stone fruits would also work well in this dish.
Cherry Clafoutis instructions
- Preheat your oven to 210⁰..
- Melt the butter in a small pan..
- Clean the cherries under water and remove the stems. You can remove the pits if you prefer, but some people say they bring more flavor. (Don't break your teeth!).
- Mix the dry elements first: flour, sugar (vanilla sugar if you use it instead of vanilla essence)..
- Add and mix the eggs, one by one..
- Slowly add the milk, while mixing, then the melted butter..
- Spread some butter on an oven-proof pie plate, to prevent the clafoutis from sticking..
- Add cherries in one layer, then the batter..
- Put in the pre-heated oven and cook at 210⁰ for 10 minutes then lower to 180⁰ for 20 more minutes..
- Let cool down for a while before eating warm, or cold (don't burn yourself, especially with the pits!). Bon appétit !.
If you've never made cherry clafoutis before, this will be a treat for you. A real one-bowl show-off, and get this Clafoutis is often made with plums or prunes (always soaked first in Armagnac), apples or. An eggy, crêpe-like batter dotted with sweet cherries and baked, clafoutis is an easy breakfast that reads fancy and takes only minutes to whip together. Cherry Clafoutis – a rustic French dessert dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm. Try this delicious pie-style dessert made with fresh cherries!