Cherry Nut Cake. My grandmother made up this recipe for her children. Using Ozark-grown cherries and walnuts, she invented one they all liked. This Cherry-Nut Cake is enriched with cream cheese for a velvety tenderness.
Cherry Nut Cake – All Things Sweet. We had dinner and everything but I'm just gonna cut to the chase here and say that my grandma is. Cherry Nut Pound Cake. by littlemisscelebrationrecipes. You can cook Cherry Nut Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Nut Cake
- You need 1 box of white cake mix (yellow will work also).
- It’s 1 of small box instant vanilla pudding (I prefer French vanilla).
- You need 1 of small jar Maraschino cherries drained, but save the juice (reserve 3 tablespoons juice for frosting).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil vegetable or canola.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water (up to 3/4 cup can be used, use your cherry juice minus 3 tablespoons, plus water to equal 1 cup).
- You need of Cherry Buttercream icing (see last step of instructions if you want to use canned icing).
- You need 1 stick of room temperature butter or margarine.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of Cherry juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of Milk if needed.
- You need 4 cups of or more of Powdered sugar.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Recipes for cakes that feature nuts from Martha Stewart, including warm almond-cherry cake, walnut honey Nuts are the highlight in these recipes, whether they're ground into a fine powder or studded. Home » Cake » Nut Cake » Cherry Nut Cake.
Cherry Nut Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Chop 12 cherries into halves or thirds and put into mix last..
- Mix cake mix and pudding mix together..
- Set aside 3 tablespoons cherry juice for icing..
- Pour remaining cherry juice into a 1 cup measure and add water to equal one cup..
- To the dry mixture add the 1 cup of juice/water mixture, oil, eggs, beating about 2 minutes till well mixed then add 1/4 cup chopped nuts, chopped cherries and mix those in..
- Bake. Cupcakes take about 20 min, bundt 45-50 min, 9×13 pan 25-33 min. Use the cake mix instruction as a guide. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cherry Buttercream icing, beat the butter, 3 tablespoons cherry juice and vanilla til well mixed. start adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well,If mixture is too thin add more powdered sugar. Too thick add a splash of milk. Use at least 3 cups powdered sugar. Frost cake while frosting is still soft then sprinkle with remaining nuts, cut additional cherries in half and decorate cake. I refrigerate the cake until the icing is dry, then it can sit out at room temperature..
- You can use canned cream cheese icing, whip the cherry juice into it and add powdered sugar until icing is stiff..
I use a NordicWare bundt cake pans for wonderful shapes and even heat distribution. Fold in the nuts and cherries. Spray the bundt pan heavily with Pam and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon. This cherry nut cake is the type of rustic cake I prefer that I can enjoy sliced for breakfast with my morning cappuccino, or can also serve to guests after dinner with a dollop of mascarpone cream. We love nuts so we came up with this delicious cake to get our fill!