Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce. This is the fastest, easiest way to make pasta sauce from scratch. The secret is using cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper.
Use your summer crop of cherry tomatoes to make Chef John's recipe for cherry tomato sauce with penne pasta. Ended up adding it to another pasta sauce because I didn't want to waste my tomatoes. Separate ribbons of pappardelle and spread them on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel. You can have Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce
- Prepare 1/2 pound of penne pasta.
- You need 25 of cherry tomatoes halved.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 3 of dates diced.
- Prepare 3 of gloves garlic sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Add diced tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of salted boiling Cut remaining tomatoes into eighths. Add to sauce and heat until warmed through. Mix sauce with pasta and grated Parmesan cheese.
Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce step by step
- Boil water for pasta. Make sure to heavily salt water before adding the pasta..
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add tomatoes and garlic.
- When tomatoes begin to release juices, add the dates to the pan.
- Add white wine and cook until alcohol is burned off.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the pan and continue to cook until tomatoes break down.
- Strain pasta and add directly to the pan.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
Take advantage of tomato season by whipping up your own fresh sauce. Swap out the pasta and serve on chicken, fish, or even a slice of bread! Drain pasta and toss with tomato mixture. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with tarragon, then tear mozzarella and scatter on top. Drain & rinse with cold water.