Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Although these cookies require a little extra effort, they're worth it. I make them for every family For frosting, melt chocolate chips in milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth.
Chocolate-covered cherries in cookie form taste as good as they sound! All Reviews for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II. These chocolate-covered cherry cookies will be the hit of the party. You can cook Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- You need of Frosting:.
- It’s 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
If you love chocolate covered cherries, you will love these cookies! I like chocolate covered cherries but these cookies are better. I sent this recipe to my daughter in Pennsylvania." — Steeler Fan. Chocolate Covered Cherries were the inspiration for this simple and easy recipe for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies!
Chocolate covered cherry cookies instructions
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..
These will soon be on the list of Christmas Cookie Recipes that you make year after year! Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies – dark chocolate thumbprint cookies filled with rich chocolate that surrounds a sweet maraschino cherry surprise These Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies were inspired by a cookie that my mother always makes around Christmas time, based upon a recipe. A favorite candy becomes a great cookie! Chocolate dough is enriched with cherries, then rolled, baked and topped with chocolate frosting! 👉 See Full Recipe. Share: Rate this Recipe Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat until well blended.