Green Cherry Tart. Delicious Washington-state Bings & Rainier cherries. Your purchase supports our mission to fight hunger and support sustainable agriculture. Find Deals on Organic Tart Cherries in Fruits on Amazon.
We have a special challenge with growing tomatoes in Minnesota. There is often a profusion of green tomatoes left on the vine as the cold weather sets in and a forced harvest is in order. Sweet cherries are best enjoyed fresh when harvested mid-season, in late June and July. You can have Green Cherry Tart using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Cherry Tart
- It’s of crust ————-.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 stick of butter room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s of cream cheese —————.
- Prepare 8 ounces of cream cheese room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar heaping.
- It’s 12 of green Masahiro cherries.
- It’s of topping———–.
- Prepare 1 pint of chocolate gravy see biscuits with chocolate gravy recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed cashew nuts.
We love them uncooked, eaten straight off the stem, or incorporated into a salad (not just fruit salad, but savory green salads too). Try them chopped up for fruit salsa or in an appetizer involving creamy white cheese such as chèvre or ricotta. Related Reading: How to Pair Cheese with Summer Fruit That which we call a bush cherry, by any other name would they taste so sweet? Is Romeo a slightly tart sweet cherry or an incredibly sweet tart cherry, thou shalt decide.
Green Cherry Tart instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and butter..
- Form a ball and add oil. Then press into the muffin pan.
- Mix the sugar, vanilla extract, and cream cheese, taste to see if it is sweet enough enough if necessary..
- Add egg and mix well.
- Drain the green cherries.
- Add to crust adding green cherries in center.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cover top with chocolate gravy.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve I hope you enjoy.
Either way it is an excellent addition to the dwarf cherry category, producing delicious dark red cherries that are crack resistant and have an excellent flesh to pit ratio. Tart cherry extract is particularly high in anthocyanins, which are present in red, blue or purple fruits and vegetables. It helps boost antioxidant activity and protect the eyes. The rich antioxidants present in tart cherry extract assist in reducing inflammation markers for women with osteoarthritis ( x ). Get Cherry Tart Recipe from Food Network.